Certifications & Affiliations
"Marge is clearly a leader in her field. She is extremely knowledgeable and is able to communicate her message well to us humans as well as our pets. First class in every way." - Frank
I wanted to share that your training has REALLY helped us to raise a mentally healthy, confident puppy who, thanks to you, will reach his full potential as a companion and show and performance dog." - Karen
"It's a fun way to teach dog impulse control and to help them think and make good choices ... very knowledgeable instructor who will help your dog learn impulse control and problem solving and apply clicker training to other behavioral problems as well." - Kerri
"It (clicker training) is a totally different, fun and creative way to connect with your pet. It is amazing to see the dog reasoning it out." - Muffet
Welcome to Rewarded Behavior Continues
Rewarded Behavior Continues – we are your source for positive dog & puppy training, obedience training, and Nose Work training in Boone, the Jeffersons & surrounding Ashe & Watuaga counties in North Carolina. We can teach your dog or puppy manners, help with socialization and behavior modification for aggression, fear, storm and thunder phobias, handling issues and more. Certification matters. Scroll down to find out why so many veterinarians refer their clients to us. Improve your dog’s behavior and create a stronger bond – start today!
**SITE UNDER RENOVATION. THANK YOU FOR YOUR PATIENCE**
The "Rewarded Behavior Continues" Difference
Marge Rogers, CBCC-KA, CPDT-KA, and Lisa Mallory, CPDT-KA, Certified K9 Nose Work Instructor, offer private training session and group training classes at The Center for K9 Excellence in West Jefferson, NC. These two experienced, certified professional dog trainers have partnered to bring you the latest in modern dog training methods and behavioral science.
- Certification Matters – validated knowledge. What is all that alphabet soup? Simply put – we know what we’re talking about. You don’t have to take our word for it. Our knowledge of canine behavior and the science of how dogs learn has been independently validated by the Certification Council for Professional Dog Trainers, the leading organization offering independently validated exams for our profession. The exam does not reflect the teaching of a particular school or philosophy. It tests the applicants knowledge of behavioral science, animal husbandry, business ethics, ethology and more. Sitting for the exam is voluntary, but is quickly becoming the benchmark for our profession. It takes more than a love of dogs to understand the science of behavior. Certification matters. Choose a dog training professional certified by the country’s leading professional organization.
- We gets results. Again, you don’t have to take our word for it. There are videos throughout this web site and on the Rewarded Behavior Continues Facebook page and on our YouTube channel showing other owners working with their dogs. Does your dog pull on leash? Come when he wants to? Bark, growl and lunge at strangers or other dogs? We can help. Whether you want to teach your dog or puppy basic manners or need help with behavior modification – we can help.
- Modern, Reward-Based Dog Training Methods. Dog training – it’s not rocket science. It is behavioral science. We use the same type of training marine mammal trainers and zookeepers use. Our methods are consistent with those recommended by veterinarians who specialize in animal behavior.
- On-line, video reference library of training exercises. This is one of our clients’ favorite features. Owners who purchase a training package gain access to the “Client Area” of our web site. There are over 50 training videos there. Clients can review training videos at their convenience. Some even work ahead of our lessons, at their own pace, to get the most out of their training investment. Video categories include – Impulse Control, Foundation Skills, Leash Manners, Come to Me!, and more.
- Specially trained in child-dog safety. Marge has special training in preparing families with dogs for life with baby & toddler. She also presents a nationally recognized child-dog safety program in local schools, libraries and businesses. We involve your “assistant trainers” in the training process, when suitable for your dog and family. Visit our “Dog Body Language” tab for some great free resources on learning to “speak dog.”
- Our program incorporates distractions, arousal and impulse control. If you only practice training when your dog is calm, he’ll only be able to respond when he is calm. We systematically incorporate arousal and distractions into our puppy and dog training programs.
- We train other trainers. Both Marge and Lisa have mentored other dog trainers who have gone on to gain their training certifications. Marge has also assisted with international mentorships through the International Association of Animal Behavior Consultants.
- Transparency. There are videos of actual training sessions throughout the web site. We also regularly post video clips of client training sessions and sessions with our own dogs on the Rewarded Behavior Continues Facebook page. Nothing we do with you and your dog should make you uncomfortable or worried. We want “relaxed and happy” learners!
What Are You Waiting For? Call or E-mail Us Today!
HOW TO CHOOSE A TRAINER