We are here to support you, your clients and your patients. We can do that a variety of ways.
CLIENT EDUCATION MATERIALS
We can supply you with client handouts on the following topics – Training Tips, Housetraining Tips, Tips on Puppy Socialization & Puppy Nipping. Contact us To find out how you can get these educational brochures and handouts for your puppy packages and to help address your patients’ behavioral wellness.
STAFF TRAINING & CONTINUING EDUCATION CREDITS
We offer presentations and seminars for your teams on training, behavior, and dog body language. Our presentation, “Carrots and Sticks – The Science Behind Modifying Behavior” has been approved for 3 Continuing Education Credits by the North Carolina Veterinary Medical Association.
A TRUSTED REFERRAL FOR BEHAVIOR MODIFICATION AND TRAINING
Marge is the only Certified Behavior Consultant serving the high country. Marge is certified through the Certification Council for Professional Dog Trainers. This means her knowledge of learning theory, ethology, instruction skills, equipment and animal husbandry has been independently validated. For her behavior consultant certification, Marge passed an additional examination on applied behavior analysis, consulting skills and best practices, ethology, body language, observational skills, health, development, life stages, anatomy and physiology. Our training methods are transparent – you can see videos of actual training sessions throughout our web site.
Marge offers basic and advanced training for dogs of all ages. She can help you support your patients requiring behavior modification for fear, aggression, anxiety, husbandry issues and veterinary visits.
- Restraint-free Nail Trims – The Steps
- Behavior Modification for Veterinary Visits
- Behavior Modification for Husbandry Behaviors
- Dr. Karen Overall’s Protocol to Take a Breath (TAB)
- Different Dogs Showing the TAB Protocol
- Teaching a Dog to Relax Using Dr. Karen Overall’s Protocol for Relaxation
- Using the Pet Tutor to Help with Separation Distress
- Dr. Sophia Yin – Using Food to Modify Aggressive Behavior
- Video on Puppy Socialization – Veterinary Behaviorist Dr. Lisa Radosta
- Veterinary Behaviorist Dr. E’Lise Christensen on Bark Collars
- Veterinary Behaviorist Dr. Lisa Radosta Discusses the Fear Free Movement
- AVSAB Website – American Veterinary Society of Animal Behavior
- AAHA Canine and Feline Behavior Management Guidelines
- Canine Separation Anxiety by Vet Behaviorist Dr. Ilana Reisner
- Separation Related Disorders and the Differences Between Dogs and Cats by Vet Behaviorist Dr. Lisa Radosta and Dr. Ariel Fagen
- Free Download from DVM360 – Teach Clients to Never Punish a Growl
- Article on Fear Periods and Socialization Gone Wrong by veterinarian & author Dr. Jen Summerfield
- Free Downloads on Canine & Feline Body Language by Dr. Sophia Yin
- Ready…Set…For Groomer and Vet! – Laura Monaco Torelli
- Florida Veterinary Behavior Service – Resources For Your and Your Clients
- Dr. Karen Overall on Acepromazine
- The Muzzle Up! Project
- Canine Cognitive Dysfunction – Information and Resources
- American College of Veterinary Behaviorists Website
- Fear Free Pets Website
- University of Pennsylvania (Penn Vet) Behavior Medicine Website
- Audio Files for Dr. Karen Overall’s Relaxation Protocol