Certifications & Affiliations
I wanted to share that your training has REALLY helped us to raise a mentally healthy, confident puppy who, thanks to you, will reach his full potential as a companion and show and performance dog." - Karen
"It's a fun way to teach dog impulse control and to help them think and make good choices ... very knowledgeable instructor who will help your dog learn impulse control and problem solving and apply clicker training to other behavioral problems as well." - Kerri
"It is the most practical, beneficial training class we've participated in." - Anonymous
"It (clicker training) is a totally different, fun and creative way to connect with your pet. It is amazing to see the dog reasoning it out." - Muffet
Welcome to Rewarded Behavior Continues
Rewarded Behavior Continues is your source for positive dog and puppy training in Jacksonville, Florida. We’ll show you how to use modern and effective training called clicker or marker training. We can teach your dog or puppy basic manners and help with behavior modification for aggression, fear, storm and thunder phobias, handling issues and more. Find out why so many veterinarians refer their clients to Rewarded Behavior Continues. Improve your dog’s behavior and create a stronger bond – start today!
The "Rewarded Behavior Continues" Difference
- Modern, Reward-Based Dog Training Methods. Dog training – it’s not rocket science. It is behavioral science. We understand and use the science of how dogs learn to your advantage. We use the same type of training marine mammal trainers and zookeepers use. Our methods are consistent with those recommended by veterinarians who specialize in animal behavior.
- Independently validated knowledge. Simply put – we know what we’re talking about. But, you don’t have to take our word for it. Our trainers’ knowledge of canine behavior and training has been independently validated by the Certification Council for Professional Dog Trainers. This certification is the “gold-standard” in the dog training profession.
- On-line, video reference library of training exercises. This is one of our clients’ favorite features. Owners who purchase a training package gain access to the “Client Area” of our web site. There are over 50 training videos there. Clients can review training exercises at their convenience. Some even work ahead of our lessons, at their own pace, to get the most out of their training investment. Video categories include – Impulse Control, Puppy Stuff, Leash Manners, Come to Me!, and more.
- Specially trained in child-dog safety. We have special training in preparing families with dogs for life with baby & toddler. We also present a nationally recognized child-dog safety program in local schools, libraries and businesses. We involve your “assistant trainers” in the training process, when suitable for your dog and family. Visit our “Dog Body Language” tab for some great free resources on learning to “speak dog.”
- Experience with behavior modification. Both Marge and Tracee have worked with veterinary behaviorists to implement their training plans with their own rescue dogs and with clients’ dogs. We also receive referrals from veterinarians throughout Jacksonville to assist their clients’ dogs with anxiety, aggression and phobias. We are experienced at helping owners with dogs that bark and lunge at people or dogs and with dogs that are thunder-phobic and have separation anxiety.
- We have extensive experience teaching both ends of the leash. Our goal isn’t just to get your dog to behave for us. We don’t live with you. Our goal is to coach, teach and prepare you for those moments when you’re not in a dog training class with your dog on-leash. We offer in-home training and training in public places for “real world” experience.
- Our program incorporates distractions, arousal and impulse control. If you only practice training when your dog is calm, he’ll only be able to respond when he is calm. We systematically incorporate arousal and distractions into our puppy and dog training programs.
What Are You Waiting For? Call or E-mail Us Today!
How to Choose a Trainer
Puppies learn what we teach them. Sometimes that’s good, sometimes not so good. But they are always learning….